Don’t be afraid to take time out for yourself
I honestly didn’t think we would find ourselves in yet another lockdown. Or saying what strange times we find ourselves in, again. Our whole lives changed last year, so much is different and like so many hoped 2021 would be dare I say it the turning point, more positive.
So, it didn’t quite work out that way. Boris put us back into lockdown on my birthday of all days. That said – this is where we are, staying in, staying home and I’m trying to make the most of it. That’s why I’m not ashamed to take time out for myself. Even if it is just 30 minutes in the tub!
We need to look after ourselves. To think about the little things we can do to lift the mood. I’m finding this lockdown so much harder, what about you?
For the most part January has been very wet, cold and it’s meant we’ve spent more time indoors than last year. The days feel longer, there’s no weekday evenings spent soaking up the sunshine in the garden or weekends drinking dalgona coffees. That’s why I’m looking for the little things. So I’m…
Sharing my feel good tips for lockdown 3.0
1. A slow start to the day – loungewear, read a magazine, have breakfast in bed
2. Take a walk on your own – clear your head, call a friend, lose your thoughts, listen to a podcast
3. Book a duvet day – there’s no shame or guilt. Whether it’s a day off work, a few hours locked away from the family. Take time out
4. Find your happy place and escape to it – for me its lighting a candle and taking a hot bath with Netflix and a glass of wine
5. Home workouts – you can’t beat the endorphins from exercise. I’m slowly working exercise back into my routine after the accident and it’s making so much difference.
And that’s me sharing my feel good tips for lockdown 3.0.
What would you add to the list?