Hello 2019 *waves*
Thanks for coming back lovelies. It’s so blooming lovely to have you reading along for another year. I’ll be sharing all things family, fashion and all the bits in between. There will definitely be some travel, adventure and a spoonful of emotion. That I can promise you.
My first post of a new year, the next Chapter for Our Little Family. It has to be our promises. Our commitments to each other, personal ones as well as a few family ones. A family that makes promises together stays together right?
For me it’s all about balance. About being real but also about setting goals. I’ve never really been one to make New Years Resolutions, or at least I have tried in the past and failed. Since becoming a family, making promises to each other is something I love to do together – it’s really fun and always a nice thing to do on January 1st.
We call them promises. This alternative approach makes me happier. I look forward to ticking them off as the year goes, of all the adventures ahead. All the planning and beyond. It’s a great way to approach the year. As I write this post George has already ticked off two from his list. The boy is leading the way.
- Go to Trentham Gardens more – his favourite local spot
- Play football on the field more this year
- Go to Lapland at Christmas time
- Go on the BIG water rides at Disney World – Florida
- Work really hard at school and move up a level in reading, writing and maths
- Go on adventures together
- Maintain my fitness and healthy lifestyle, 2018 was a turning point for me in how I approach my fitness. I feel good about myself and really do want to maintain this (with a healthy balance of Gin & Cake thrown in)
- Eat more meals together as a family
- Laugh more at myself – which might be difficult as I’m not very funny
- Spend more time with friends – life really does get in the way. I need to get work on this
- More beach days, trips to the seaside and eating fish & chips
- Find the beauty in every day, don’t overthink, positive vibes only
- Get fit and healthy
- Get back into cycling and go out on more walks as a family
- Explore new places
- Stay positive, block out the negativity, protect our circle
- Support George in everything he does
Banish those blues and think of your list. Here’s to a fab 2019, doing more of the things that make you smile surrounded by the people that lift you up.