Stop and reflect
I am choosing to be optimistic, looking ahead to the new year and making promises to carry me through. Guide me. To stand by. I am not one to dwell on the past, to think over the failings of the year gone by. Instead I used this time to stop and reflect. To recognise how much I and we have overcome this year. Tis the season to look ahead. To focus on the things we can control. To be positive.
One thing I am not doing this year is setting lots of goals which merely add pressure. I am not going to add pressure by comparing my experiences to others. Especially on social media. Or pretend to be okay if I am indeed not.
For me it’s all about balance. About being real but also about setting goals. I’ve never really been one to make New Years Resolutions, or at least I have tried in the past and failed. Since becoming a family, making promises to each other is something I love to do together – it’s really fun and always a nice thing to do on January 1st. This year I thought I would make my own list.
My promises (not resolutions) for the year ahead
1. Find my love again for fitness, looking after my body and for eating healthy. I’ve struggled with my motivation to exercise this year.
2. To go on many adventures with my family – riding our bikes, camping, walking and hopefully flying to new countries
3. To continue building a successful business, to challenge the industry standard
4. To focus on the positives, and to continue as we did in 2020 and enjoy the simple things in life together as a family
5. Keep my circle small, focus only on friendships with those who add something to my life. Removing all negative relationships
But, above all treat people with kindness. To respect boundaries. To have faith in others, enjoy conversation and to love my family with all my heart. Will you be setting any goals? Perhaps setting your own My promises (not resolutions) for the year ahead.
KA x x