Schools out for Easter! Yay. I don’t know about you but as a family we have been looking forward to a few days of down time together. Just the three of us, no routine, no rushing off. An opportunity to sleep in, watch movies and go off on an adventure or ten. We just need the weatherman to do his thing and we’ll be just fine!
It has been a little while since I last shared a post about our favourite activities to do during a half term, so I thought I would share our top 10 fun things to do in Staffordshire and Cheshire. The Easter holibobs are upon us and we all know that entertaining our littles can be a little stressful. That’s where I come in. We promise that you won’t waste your pennies on any of the activities we are recommending. They are tried and tested. We do love to share our adventures with you, and so here are our top 10 adventures to have during half-term…
1. Trentham Gardens – Visiting the gardens will always be our first point of call. There is so much to see and do. Whether its a walk around the lake spotting fairies, playing on the adventure playground, exploring the Italian Gardens, stopping for tea and cake or photographing the beautiful dandelions. You will not be disappointed.
2. Wheelock Farm, Sandbach – Another of our favourites. A gorgeous farm, play area and ice cream shop. My favourite has to be the liquorice & blackcurrant flavour! There is a picnic area too which comes in handy when its a sunny day as you could spend a few hours there.
3. National Forest Adventure Farm, Burton – They have some great activities planned for the Easter holibobs including lambing! You can spend the whole day at the farm as there really is so much to see and do. Lots of picnic areas too so do head off prepared!
4. Intu Potteries – There are lots of events and family deals available over the Easter holidays. If you have a SpongeBob fan then you won’t be disappointed. Be sure to visit all the new restaurants too in The Hive. Our favourite is Gourmet Burger Kitchen, they do the best milkshakes and have a really great kids meal which includes one of the yummy milkshakes!
5. Potteries Museum – Lil G absolutely loves the museum, and as its free it really is a great way of spending a couple of hours. Perfect for escaping on a rainy day. Lil G loves the animal area just as you walk in and lets not forget the spitfire. I quite enjoyed the tea & cake in the café downstairs!
6. Splash Landings Waterpark – Our favourite waterpark. A must visit. Both the indoor and outdoor pools are such fun. There are some super areas for non swimmers to sit and watch, perfect for pitching up with a book & coffee! We LOVE splash landings.
7. Cineworld – Look out for their Movies For Juniors offers which run on weekends. Reduced prices on movies which have been released on to DVD. Perfect if you are new to visiting the cinema. Cineworld also offer meal deals for little ones. The new Cineworld which has just opened in Hanley really is impressive and right next to Gourmet Burger Kitchen!
8. Stick Man Trail, Delamere Forest – Pack a picnic and head out to the forest. You can pick up a little adventurers guide in the café. Lots of fun to be had and such a gorgeous forest. If you are feeling like you want to make the most of the beautiful surroundings then do take your bikes as you can make full use of so many of the pathways.
9. Tubing at Stoke Ski Centre – We loved our time testing out the tubing. Such fun. And at only £5 per person for a whole hours fun it’s one not to be missed! Do book though as there are limited spaces.
10. Little Harts Pottery Studio, Astbury – We loved our little session at the studio. I would recommend booking as the studio is quite small. Your studio fee includes a drink and cookies for your littles which I think is a lovely idea and very unique! If you follow them on facebook you will often see the events they host over the holidays. Definitely worth a visit.
I hope you enjoyed our little round up. Do you have any other favourites in the local area? Do share them with me as we are always looking for new ideas.